Sometimes I question whether to post the simple style of recipes I enjoy each day.
Usually because it’s small variations on the green juice recipes I share, or simple meals of fresh fruit, colorful salads, or vegetables baked or made into soups with fresh herbs.
But sometimes, even the most basic of recipes warrants sharing because the combination of just a few simple ingredients is so delicious.
Today’s very simple recipe is one of these. Just a few simple ingredients create a heavenly smoothie that is perfect for breakfast.
Despite the bulk of this smoothie being just melon, it is incredibly creamy without the heaviness or unhealthiness of dairy, and without having to always use bananas to thicken your smoothie.
This nutrient dense recipe, with it’s wonderfully mellow sweetness, is a perfect way to start your day with energy and flavor.
Creamy Cantaloupe Smoothie
- 1 ripe cantaloupe (it should give a little when you push into it, not be rock hard or very green)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1/2 a vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 ice cubes
1. Cut the skin off the cantaloupe, cut in half and remove the seeds. Then cut into rough pieces.
2. Place the cantaloupe in a blender with the cinnamon and vanilla bean. Only use whole vanilla bean if you have a high speed blender. If not, stick with just the seeds of the vanilla bean (scrape them out from inside the bean) or use vanilla extract. Using the bean makes a big difference with this recipe though. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
3. Add the ice and pulse until broken down. If you don’t have a high speed blender, you can leave out the ice if you wish. It will be best in this case to refrigerate your cantaloupe before using in this recipe.
Pour into a tall glass and enjoy this creamy breakfast smoothie.
Share and Like this recipe if you dig it, and leave a comment below to let me know what you think of this recipe. Are you a cantaloupe fan?