This recipe brings together some of my favorite ingredients with fresh dill and cilantro, creamy avocado, a splash of lime juice and juicy, sweet tomato. Plus a new ingredient: garlic chives. If you don’t have access to garlic chives, you can simply use 1/2 of a small raw garlic clove or omit entirely if you’re not a garlic fan.
The zucchini in this recipe gives extra bulk to the dip without relying on using multiple avocados. We love our plant fats in this household, but there can still be too much of a good thing ;). This recipe is a great creamy option that is also light and low in fat. You can eat it all yourself if you’d like!
I served this dip with a selection of raw fruit, vegetables and green lettuces for dipping. I have also tried it on a crispy salad and smothered over zucchini noodles and all are amazing. You can even try another variation of this recipe by using the same ingredients below and adding 1 mango to it. It gives a sweet, fruity dip option.
Creamy Low Fat Avocado Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 large avocado or 1/2 small
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium sweet, ripe tomato
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic chives (or substitute with 1/2 small garlic clove or leave out entirely)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup dill, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Pinch sea salt (or leave out if you prefer)