Casey and I were recently visiting Brad’s Raw Foods, the raw food chip company in PA, to work on creating a few recipes for the company.
On my final day of working there we had a big celebration lunch with the heads of the company, and out of town special business contacts and guests.
Many people find in the corporate world that they either seem to never have enough time to eat or prepare a healthy meal, and are usually left to eating out or stuck in a Starbucks or fast food line.
So I thought it would be nice to make something fun, messy, and most importantly, tasty! Meals that stimulate the creative right brain after a day of being detail-oriented left-brained can be a fun change.
And guess what, the meal was a big hit! After this meal was over I had many people coming up to me sharing that it was the best meal they’ve had in awhile, and they didn’t even feel hungry throughout the day. Score!
Soo… first thing on the menu is Mexican Lettuce Wraps.
You are going to want to pick out a couple prime heads of romaine lettuce. Then peel off a couple of the outer leafs, which will be bigger, therefore able to contain a fair amount of your stuffing that you’re going to make below. You can use collards or other types of greens, but romaine is my favorite for this meal.
Mock Beans (that taste like beans!)
- 3 c sunflower seeds (walnuts work too)
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 c water
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor and blend until desired consistency. I like to keep it rather creamy, and not too liquidy.
- 1-2 red bell peppers, julienne
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-2 red onions, julienne
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/2 c brags amino acid
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Drain extra oil from bowl.
- Cover and let sit 3 hours, or overnight if desired.
- Drain again before using.
- 2-4 avocados, mashed
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 squeeze of lemon or lime juice
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Chop then mash all ingredients in a bowl with the back end of a large spoon.
- If you have access to a Molcajete, or mortar and pestle, try mushing your guac in there, and have fun!
Raw Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- 2 c cashews
- 3/4 c water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 t/l apple cider vinegar
- Add all the ingredients to your blender, and blend until the texture is whipped like sour cream. You may need to play with the amount of water, if too liquidy add more cashews, if too thick add more water.
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
Adapted from “Rejuvenate Your Life” by Serene Allison
- 1/2-1 red bell pepper
- 1 c raw cashews
- 2 tbl nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 clove garlic
- 2 tbl lemon juice
- ¼ c water
- Blend until desired consistency. I like it creamy, then added to a squeeze bottle. Kids love it!
- That’s really it, seems like a lot but it is rather fun to make, and you may find you have most ingredients already. Take your romaine, stuff if with your veggies, mock beans, and top with sour cream and cheddar cheese sauce and you’re all set for an amazing meal.
Add an Asian Salad
Want to add a salad to your meal, add in my Raw Asian Salad recipe and a pair of chopsticks, and have fun!
Don’t Forget Dessert!
End with a Raw Raspberry (nut-free) Gelato for dessert, and you’ll be living it up for sure.
For more tasty and healthy raw food recipes click here.
Click on the Facebook Like button and share with a friend.