My Raw Cauliflower Popcorn recipe has got to be one of my most blogged about about recipes ever. Super easy to make, and a great replacement for store bought popcorn when you’re in the mood for a little crunch.
I outline the recipe below, along with a couple varieties that you might want to experiment with.
Raw Cauliflower Popcorn Ingredients:
- Cauliflower (1 whole chopped in popcorn size pieces)
- Nutritional Yeast (a whole lot, just pour it in, maybe 4-8 heaping teaspoons)
- Sea Salt (1/2 teaspoon or more, to taste)
- Black Pepper (just shake it on)
- Olive Oil (1 teaspoon)
- Water (just a splash)
- Optional: Spirulina (make it green, 1-3 tablespoons)
- Optional: Coconut Oil (just a teaspoon if you want some coconut flavor)
- Optional: Cayenne (only if you are hardcore)
- Measure and prepare all the ingredients for the Raw Popcorn and put in a gallon size zip lock bag.
- Now shake that bag until your arms hurt.
- You can make it cheesier by adding more yeast, greener by adding more spirulina, and sticky by adding raw honey (only do that if you are going to dehydrate).
Note: You can eat the Raw Cauliflower Popcorn as-is, which I usually do, or you can dehydrate it overnight and it will shrink up into yummy little crunchy pieces. Be sure to go easy on the salt if you dehydrate as the flavors will intensify.
For more tasty and healthy raw food recipes click here.