Autumn is here in the US, but on the west coast where it’s still sunny and wonderfully warm every day, the most obvious sign that it’s fall is the abundance of pumpkins everywhere!
Piles of pumpkins line shop walls, halloween carved pumpkins decorate store fronts, and there’s pumpkin scented candles, lip balms, body butters and everything else you can imagine.
So why not jump on the pumpkin train?
It was only a matter of time until I picked up a pumpkin and tried some kind of creation at home. This is the delicious, sweet recipe I came up with. It uses one of my favorite fruits, persimmons, and adds the pumpkin and spices of this season. Enjoy this wonderful fall-flavored shake!
Sweet Persimmon Pumpkin Pie Shake
- 4 very ripe hachiya persimmons (they should feel like jelly and like they’re about to burst)
- 1 cup raw sugar pumpkin (or raw sweet potato if you don’t have access to sugar pumpkin)
- 4 dates, pits removed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1-2 cups water
- 6 ice cubes
- Using just one cup of water, blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender.
- Once well blended, give the shake a stir to see if you’d like it thinner. If so, add some more water and blend again.
- Taste the shake and adjust the sweetness and spice to your preference.
Share and Like this recipe if you dig it, and leave a comment below to let me know what you think of this recipe!